Homeview Windows and Doors is a member of the Australian Window Association and, as such, confirms to an industry Code of Conduct designed to protect consumers. Homeview Windows and Doors is inspected by independent, third party NATA accredited auditors to validate that the window and door products examined have been manufactured to the relevant Australian Standards and the legislative requirements of the National Construction Code of Australia.
Subject to the conditions and limitations listed below, Homeview Windows and Doors guarantees that its products are of acceptable quality and free of any defect caused by the manufacturer.
Your Homeview Windows and Doors products are warranted against defects arising from faulty workmanship or materials and, in the case of timber windows, insect attack and decay, for a period of seven (7) years from the date of delivery by Homeview Windows and Doors, subject to the following conditions:
- The product has been installed in accordance with the relevant Australian Standards and best building practice.
- The product has been installed and maintained in accordance with Homeview Windows and Doors installation and maintenance recommendations (Link to routine maintenance)
- The product has not been subject to misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage has not been caused by accident, transport, installation or any external cause.
- This guarantee is void if incorrect measurements or specifications have been provided by the purchaser.
- In respect of insect and safety screen products, this guarantee is void if:
- The product has not been fabricated by Homeview Windows and Doors Pty Ltd.
- The product has not been fitted by Homeview Windows and Doors personnel or nominated installers.
- Manufacturing standards and tolerances are not deemed defects, nor are industry variations in colour of timber and aluminium componentry.
- Wire reinforced glass, toughened glass, float glass, laminated glass and mirror glass is warranted against defects and degradation for one (1) year.
- Homeview Windows and Doors accepts no responsibility for glass breakage (except for faulty workmanship or material).
- Moving parts which wear out as a part of normal use are warranted for one (1) year.
- Parts supplied by other manufacturers as separate components, and where such component are warranted or guaranteed by its manufacturer or supplier,those guarantees or warranties, whether express or implied, are assigned to whom the goods are supplied
- The Warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the faulty product at the company’s discretion but does no extend to the installation or refurnishing of a replacement product or any other consequential or indirect damage incurred as a result of the defect.
- Only repairs carried out by Homeview Windows and Doors personnel or authorised Homeview Windows and Doors agents are covered by the Warranty
- This guarantee is provided in addition to any warranty or guarantee imposed by law and, in particular, the guarantees implied by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. In no way does this guarantee seek to exclude or limit any right or remedy you have in law. However, to the extent that is permitted by law, any other warranties or guarantees are excluded.
Claims under this guarantee require the claimant to first notify the manufacturer. No claim by the customer, whether for alleged damage or defective goods or any other cause whatsoever, need be recognized by Homeview Windows and Doors (and all such claims shall be deemed absolutely waived by the customer) unless notified in writing and received by Homeview Windows and Doors within one month of the defect arising in the product.
Claims under this warranty can only be made by the purchaser of the product. Copies of documentation showing the purchase date of the product should be included with the written claim and forwarded to the Homeview Windows and Doors office at
590 Heatherton Road,
South Vic 3169
(PO Box 12 Clayton South 3169).
Any costs associated with lodging a claim under this warranty will be borne by the claimant.